At MLEI, we love working on building projects of all sizes.
We support clients with engineering services for a broad spectrum of buildings, from architecturally designed family homes, through to a large-scale industrial warehouses and multimillion dollar, multi-storey buildings.
Whether we’re coming up with inventive and respectful ways to give heritage-listed buildings new leases on life, or helping create new landmarks across cities and towns, we’re driven by opportunities to innovate.
We’re proud to have an excellent working relationship with the education sector, and to have been asked to deliver dozens of education projects to benefit students, teachers and communities across regional and metropolitan Australia.
Our work has included building projects with budgets of up to $110 million. However, we pride ourselves on offering efficient and cost effective solutions for our clients, regardless of the project scale.
For us, the keys to successful project delivery are understanding our clients’ needs inside and out, the strong rapport we build with all stakeholders and our appreciation of every step of the building process. This only comes through experience, which our team has in spades.
- Structural engineering including design of buildings, with design expertise in steel, concrete, timber, masonry, stainless steel and aluminum
- Civil engineering associated with building civil Works e.g. stormwater management and earthworks
- Value engineering assessments and redesigns
- Structural building inspections and asset condition assessments
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) using REVIT and Autodesk 360
- Building certification services including certification of proprietary components
- Temporary works design and certification of temporary structures
- Base building
- Sports facilities
- Alterations and extensions
- Heritage upgrade and preservation
- Facades and cladding.
MLEI are experienced in delivering projects under a number of different procurement models including:
- Traditional lump sum
- Design and construct
- Managing Contractor
RUNDLE MALL PLAZA
Engineering design for the $40 million Rundle Mall Plaza redevelopment. With four of the plaza’s nine storeys redeveloped and a multi-level expanse of glass added to bring in natural light, the plaza is a centrepiece of Adelaide’s Rundle Mall shipping precinct.
162 FULLARTON ROAD, ROSE PARK
Structural and civil engineering for a new $15 million, five-storey office building with basement car park, overlooking Adelaide’s eastern parkland. The office was custom fitted for key tenants Medallion Homes and Thomas Foods.
THE BEND MOTORSPORT
Structural engineering for the trackside pit buildings and a 100-room hotel at The Bend motorsport Park, Tailem Bend, South Australia. The Bendis one of Australia’s premier multi-purpose motorsport facilities.