Location: Darwin NT
Discipline: Civil Engineering
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Due to our company’s growth, we have a unique and immediate opportunity for a Mid-Senior Civil Engineer to join our team. This role will be based in our Darwin office, and is a full-time, permanent role. Depending on the candidate, there is an opportunity for exciting career progression into the role of Office Manager within our Darwin office.
The Civil team at MLEI caters to a diverse range of markets, including Land Development, Infrastructure, Utilities, Building Civils, Resource sector, and Industrial projects. The ideal candidate will have the chance to navigate through an exciting growth period and contribute to the delivery of some of MLEl’s significant projects across the Northern Territory. Additionally, this role offers the opportunity to support the broader national MLEI operation throughout Australia. MLEI, being an employee-owned company, provides various opportunities for staff to become integral parts of the company fabric, including shareholding and leadership roles.
Working under the direction of the State Manager, as a Mid-Senior Civil Engineer, you would be expected to:
- Lead a variety of projects including:
– Buildings civil
– Stormwater management
- Effective communication with clients, staff and key stakeholders as necessary to effectively undertake the requirements of the role.
- Supervise and communicate with Engineers, and Technical Officers to ensure projects are adequately scheduled and can meet delivery time.
- Providing technical leadership in the civil team with the assistance of the broader management team.
- Assisting with Engineering Design using first principals and computer aided design and modelling, e.g. AutoCAD, DRAINS, 12d, AutoTurn etc.
- Successful project management and delivery of projects.
- Site Superintendency and Construction Management activities.
- Assisting with the development of bids and proposals.
- Assisting the State Manager with clientele growth and business development.
- Assisting in the development of standards, templates and guidelines for the office.
- Meeting growth KPI’s and revenue targets.
- Ensure company quality, environmental, health and safety processes are adhered to appropriately.
- Supervise, train and mentor other Engineers and Draftspersons.
- Analyse survey reports, architectural drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan and deliver projects.
- Organise, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Ensure that appropriate project management tools are implemented such projects run smoothly and are completed on time and within budget.
- Correct any project deficiencies that affect production, quality, and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews.
- Ensure the requirements of AS/NZS ISO9001 and ISO 45001 are achieved.
- Quality Assurance of Engineers’ and Drafters work prior to final delivery.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil/Structural, and experience with advanced knowledge in civil engineering with 5+ years of equivalent Australian Engineering experience
Master of Engineering degree in Civil/Structural, and over experience with advanced technical knowledge in civil and/or structural engineering with 5+ years of equivalent Australian Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated delivery history for civil projects in Australia.
- Competent in exercising sound engineering judgement whilst contributing to the design and development of engineering solutions, identifying constraints, opportunities and buildability issues.
- Knowledge of Austroads Guidelines, Australian Standards and relevant supplements.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer packages related to the field of Civil Engineering.
- Excellent skills in IT, mathematics and science.
- Able to explain design plans and ideas clearly, analyse large volumes of data and be able to assess solutions.
- Proactive management of project financials to ensure planned budgets and timeframes are met.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment and proven strength in communicating concepts/ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Have the ability to supervise teamwork and coordinate job schedules.
- Sound knowledge about relevant legal requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to take ownership of delivering the day-to-day requirements associated with engineering design.
- Able handle the delivery of projects autonomously, including working with, and supervising, paraprofessionals.
- Have the right attributes to meet and work with clients, other consultants and other disciplines of engineering, to ensure the successful delivery of projects while enhancing MLEI’s reputation.
Our modern office is situated in the Darwin Corporate Park, conveniently located in the heart of Greater Darwin. The Northern Territory presents numerous unique and interesting projects, providing a substantial and diverse portfolio. The Darwin Team takes full advantage of the laid-back outdoorsy lifestyle and engages in a vibrant social scene alongside other young professionals.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure your ongoing professional development and well-being.
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Graduate Program
- Leadership Program
- Technical Training
- Professional memberships
- Culture Champions mental health and wellbeing program.
MLEI is a progressive civil and structural engineering consulting firm that delivers smart and seamless solutions in the following markets – buildings, land divisions, infrastructure, resources & industrial, and defence.
Our purpose is “DEVELOPING PEOPLE, TRUSTED EXPERTISE, SHAPING COMMUNITIES”. We put our people first and support DEVELOPING PEOPLE through our culture and training. We offer clients TRUSTED EXPERTISE with the MLEI service difference featuring excellent communication, collaboration, and technical skills – we punch above our weight to win iconic and interesting projects. Lastly, we are very proud of how our work contributes meaningfully to shaping communities – such as education, health, residential, commercial, and industrial buildings, as well as the road infrastructure that connects us all.
Established since 2007, MLEI is headquartered in Adelaide with offices in Melbourne, Darwin, Newcastle, and Gold Coast. Additionally, we have specialised expertise in aquatics, bridges, wineries, as well as steel framing and modular buildings. MLEI currently has 125 staff and is continuing to grow rapidly. This means that successful applicants will have excellent opportunities for career advancement as we will need more leaders as we grow.
We have a thriving, connected and supportive workplace culture, where our people are welcomed, valued, included, and heard. We want our people to apply their skills in work that they find meaningful and fulfilling, and can see themselves growing professionally with MLEI. We prioritise staff engagement and their wellbeing.
We have an active calendar of company-sponsored regular social events – monthly Friday lunch, monthly company meeting, annual Christmas Lunch (including partners and family), Team Dinners twice a year, and sporting teams (eg indoor soccer).
We offer a Graduate Program which provides training from internal and external industry experts to nurture our young professionals in business skills and provide networking opportunities internally and externally within the industry. Additionally, we have a Leadership Program to prepare our staff to become our future leaders.
We have a Premier Partnership with Engineers Australia, where staff are encouraged to apply for membership and professional credentialling. In the last 12 months, we have sponsored 13 staff to up-credential to CPEng and 1 staff to EngExec.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org with Mid-Senior Civil Engineer/Office Manager (Darwin) in the subject line.