Location: Darwin NT
Discipline: Civil Engineering
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Due to our company’s growth, we have a unique opportunity for a Junior Civil Engineer to join our team. This role will be based in our Darwin office, and is a full-time, permanent role. There are opportunities for secondment to recognised governing authorities within this role.
- Effective communication with clients, staff and key stakeholders as necessary to effectively undertake the requirements of the role.
- Assisting with Engineering Design using first principals and computer aided design and modelling, e.g. AutoCAD, DRAINS, 12d, AutoTurn etc.
- Site Superintendency and Construction Management activities.
- Meeting role Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure company quality, environmental, health and safety processes are adhered to appropriately.
- Analyse survey reports, architectural drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan and deliver projects.
- Ensure tasks are planned and prioritised accordingly to ensure project deadlines and budgets are adhered to.
- Report changes that may influence the delivery time.
- Perform civil design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Ensure the requirements of AS/NZS ISO9001 and ISO 45001 are achieved.
- Quality Assurance of Engineers’ and Drafters work prior to final delivery.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil, and experience with intermediate knowledge in civil engineering with 2+ years of equivalent Australian Engineering experience
Master of Engineering degree in Civil, and over experience with intermediate technical knowledge in civil engineering. with 2+ years of equivalent Australian Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Austroads Guidelines, Australian Standards and relevant supplements.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer packages related to the field of Civil Engineering.
- Excellent skills in IT, mathematics and science.
- Able to explain design plans and ideas clearly, analyse large volumes of data and be able to assess solutions.
- Proactive management of tasks and priorities to ensure planned budgets and timeframes are met.
- Have the ability to undertake teamwork and coordinate job schedules.
- Sound knowledge about relevant legal requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to take ownership of delivering the day-to-day requirements associated with engineering design.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, working with other engineers while also be proactive and be able to identify when they need to request information.
Our modern office is situated in the Darwin Corporate Park, conveniently located in the heart of Greater Darwin. The Northern Territory presents numerous unique and interesting projects, providing a substantial and diverse portfolio. The Darwin Team takes full advantage of the laid-back outdoorsy lifestyle and engages in a vibrant social scene alongside other young professionals.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure your ongoing professional development and well-being.
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Graduate Program
- Leadership Program
- Technical Training
- Professional memberships
- Culture Champions mental health and wellbeing program.
MLEI is a progressive civil and structural engineering consulting firm that delivers smart and seamless solutions in the following markets – buildings, land divisions, infrastructure, resources & industrial, and defence.
Our purpose is “DEVELOPING PEOPLE, TRUSTED EXPERTISE, SHAPING COMMUNITIES”. We put our people first and support DEVELOPING PEOPLE through our culture and training. We offer clients TRUSTED EXPERTISE with the MLEI service difference featuring excellent communication, collaboration, and technical skills – we punch above our weight to win iconic and interesting projects. Lastly, we are very proud of how our work contributes meaningfully to shaping communities – such as education, health, residential, commercial, and industrial buildings, as well as the road infrastructure that connects us all.
Established since 2007, MLEI is headquartered in Adelaide with offices in Melbourne, Darwin, Newcastle, and Gold Coast. Additionally, we have specialised expertise in aquatics, bridges, wineries, as well as steel framing and modular buildings. MLEI currently has 125 staff and is continuing to grow rapidly. This means that successful applicants will have excellent opportunities for career advancement as we will need more leaders as we grow.
We have a thriving, connected and supportive workplace culture, where our people are welcomed, valued, included, and heard. We want our people to apply their skills in work that they find meaningful and fulfilling, and can see themselves growing professionally with MLEI. We prioritise staff engagement and their wellbeing.
We have an active calendar of company-sponsored regular social events – monthly Friday lunch, monthly company meeting, annual Christmas Lunch (including partners and family), Team Dinners twice a year, and sporting teams (eg indoor soccer).
We offer a Graduate Program which provides training from internal and external industry experts to nurture our young professionals in business skills and provide networking opportunities internally and externally within the industry. Additionally, we have a Leadership Program to prepare our staff to become our future leaders.
We have a Premier Partnership with Engineers Australia, where staff are encouraged to apply for membership and professional credentialling. In the last 12 months, we have sponsored 13 staff to up-credential to CPEng and 1 staff to EngExec.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV through to email@example.com with the Junior Civil Engineer (Darwin) in the subject line.