Location: Adelaide SA
Discipline: Civil Engineering
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Due to our company’s growth, we have a unique and immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Civil Engineer (Adelaide) to join our team. This role will be based in our Adelaide office, and is a full-time, permanent role.
- Report changes that may influence the delivery time.
- Work collaboratively to ensure service and product meet customer requirements.
- Liaise and consult with senior engineers, service engineers and other consultants.
- Analyse survey reports, architectural drawings, services drawings, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
- Perform civil/stormwater design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
- Organise, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Adopt all relevant requirements around issues such as stormwater planning approval, building rules consent, environmental regulations, good construction practices and safety on all work assignments.
- Ensure that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget.
- Correct any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews.
- Ensure the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 are achieved.
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil/Structural, and experience with advance knowledge in civil and/or structural engineering
Master of Engineering degree in Civil/Structural, and over experience with advanced technical knowledge in civil and/or structural engineering.
- Excellent skills in IT, maths and science.
- Proficient in DRAINS program and have had exposure to MUSIC.
- Extensive technical knowledge in their field.
- Ability, experience, and willingness to work on roads, storm water and transport projects.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to take ownership of delivering the day-to-day requirements associated with engineering design.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, working with other engineers while also be proactive and be able to identify when they need to request information.
- Able handle the delivery of projects autonomously, including working with designers and drafters.
- Proficient or experience in managing project budgets.
- Have the right attributes to meet and work with clients, other consultants and other disciplines of engineering, to ensure the successful delivery of projects while enhancing MLEI’s reputation.
- Able to explain design plans and ideas clearly, analyse large volumes of data and be able to assess solutions.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and work within budgets.
- Have the ability to work as a team.
- Sound knowledge about relevant legal requirements.
- Good communication skills and comfortable with liaising with clients.
- Proficiency, exposure to or willingness to undertake construction phase engineering services such as contract administration, engineering inspections and cost estimation would be looked upon favourably.
Our Adelaide office is centrally located in the CBD, and it is the headquarters for our national business across Australia. We just moved into this newly renovated building in 2023 and are enjoying the modern décor and professional environment. In addition, the basement level is dedicated meeting rooms, training facilities, and a large central space for socialising and networking. It is a great party space for daily lunches, company meetings, and parties.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits to ensure your ongoing professional development and well-being.
- Supportive and friendly team environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Graduate Program
- Leadership Program
- Technical Training
- Professional memberships
- Culture Champions mental health and wellbeing program.
MLEI is a progressive civil and structural engineering consulting firm that delivers smart and seamless solutions in the following markets – buildings, land divisions, infrastructure, resources & industrial, and defence.
Our purpose is “DEVELOPING PEOPLE, TRUSTED EXPERTISE, SHAPING COMMUNITIES”. We put our people first and support DEVELOPING PEOPLE through our culture and training. We offer clients TRUSTED EXPERTISE with the MLEI service difference featuring excellent communication, collaboration, and technical skills – we punch above our weight to win iconic and interesting projects. Lastly, we are very proud of how our work contributes meaningfully to shaping communities – such as education, health, residential, commercial, and industrial buildings, as well as the road infrastructure that connects us all.
Established since 2007, MLEI is headquartered in Adelaide with offices in Melbourne, Darwin, Newcastle, and Gold Coast. Additionally, we have specialised expertise in aquatics, bridges, wineries, as well as steel framing and modular buildings. MLEI currently has 125 staff and is continuing to grow rapidly. This means that successful applicants will have excellent opportunities for career advancement as we will need more leaders as we grow.
We have a thriving, connected and supportive workplace culture, where our people are welcomed, valued, included, and heard. We want our people to apply their skills in work that they find meaningful and fulfilling, and can see themselves growing professionally with MLEI. We prioritise staff engagement and their wellbeing.
We have an active calendar of company-sponsored regular social events – monthly Friday lunch, monthly company meeting, annual Christmas Lunch (including partners and family), Team Dinners twice a year, and sporting teams (eg indoor soccer).
We offer a Graduate Program which provides training from internal and external industry experts to nurture our young professionals in business skills and provide networking opportunities internally and externally within the industry. Additionally, we have a Leadership Program to prepare our staff to become our future leaders.
We have a Premier Partnership with Engineers Australia, where staff are encouraged to apply for membership and professional credentialling. In the last 12 months, we have up-credentialled 13 staff to CPEng and 1 staff to EngExec.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV through to email@example.com with Intermediate Civil Engineer (Adelaide) in the subject line.